Though I cannot take credit for the creation of this recipe, I can and will take credit for making them, eating them and loving them!
99% of my nutrition comes from whole food sources, with the exception of a meal replacement shake a few times a week. My shake is a combination of several ingredients including protein powder as the base. Cytosport’s Evopro is my protein powder of choice and I generally purchase it through bodybuilding.com. The last time I replenished my order, they shipped the following recipe with the order. Needless to say, a headline of sweet potatoes and pancakes certainly caught my attention.
I love pancakes. I love sweet potatoes. I emailed Carter, with fingers crossed, that the following recipe fell within the parameters of a compliant post training meal… he said yes!
150 grams sweet potato, mashed
1 scoop whey protein powder
3 egg whites
¼ cup chopped walnuts (optional)
½ tsp baking soda
½ tsp nutmeg
1 tbsp cinnamon
- In a large bowl, mix all ingredients until smooth.
- Cook batches in pre-sprayed skillet on medium high temperature until bubbles form on the surface, turn over and cook until dark, golden brown.
- In my current 28 day meal plan, Carter has me doubling up my serving of starch (post strength training) on specific days. To meet these macro requirements, I doubled the portion of sweet potatoes in the recipe, which may have changed the consistency of the batter.
- I used Cytosport Evopro vanilla protein powder for my recipe (again, could alter the taste or texture based on which protein you choose)
- I also used ¾ cup of egg whites, left out the walnuts and did not use nutmeg. I followed the rest per the directions.
- Typical in cooking order, I cooked and mashed the sweet potatoes, then added the egg whites, whipped them well and added the dry mix. I sprayed my skillet with spray butter and let the goodness begin…
I have to tell you, these were AWESOME. The taste and texture were great and to find a dietary compliant “pancake” recipe also with sweet potatoes versus oats… this was worth the share!
Bodybuilding.com all offered 5 more sweet potato recipes at bodybuilding.com/sweetpotato